Training Course: Impedance Spectroscopy
Training Course - for Impedance Newcomers
Impedance spectroscopy? Have you ever thought about expanding your analysis portfolio with this powerful technique?
This course helps you discover the secrets of impedance spectroscopy. From basic theory, explained with illustrative examples, over best practices to avoid measurement artifacts, to data evaluation for getting the best results out of your data.
Let impedance spectroscopy become a transparent, valuable and very helpful tool during every day working life for you!
- Basic concepts and equations of impedance spectroscopy
- Why are there so many different representations of impedance data and what can be learned from them?
- The concept of equivalent circuits - which one fits to my measurement problem?
- Artifacts and pitfalls in impedance spectroscopy and how to avoid them.
Hands on - expand your gained knowledge in real lab experiments
- Determination of the temperature dependent dc-ion conductivity, MacMullin number
- Investigation of a commercial lithium ion battery (single cell)
- Measurement of electrochemical kinetics
- What information can be gained from my data, and how can I get them quickly?
- Introduction into the RelaxIS analysis software
Preliminary ScheduleMonday, February 18th 2019
|09:15-12:00||Theory Part I|
|13:00-16:00||Theory Part II|
|16:00-18:00||Lab Session Part I|
|09:00-10:30||Theory Part III|
|10:30-12:00||Lab Session Part II|
|13:00-14:45||Lab Session Part III|
|14:45-15:00||Closing & Departure|
The course will take place in the new headquarters of rhd instruments at
Otto-Hesse-Straße 19 / T3
The tram stop "Otto-Hesse-Straße, Darmstadt" is within walking distance (200 m). Parking space is limited.
Taxi transfers can be arranged if required.
Travelling to Darmstadt
By air via Frankfurt/Main (FRA)
By train to Darmstadt main station and via tram to Otto-Hesse-Straße
By car directly to rhd instruments headquarters
Attendees will have to book a hotel according to their convenience by themselves. We recommend to make a reservation at one of the following the nearby hotels:
The next training course from 18th-19th February 2019 is fully booked.
The next training course will take place later in 2019. If you would like to attend, please send us a request via our contact form so we can contact you with further information. Thank you.